Monday, October 3, 2011

From the Classroom of Mrs. Concepcion

With fall already in session and Halloween right around the corner, I have been trying to think of creative crafts to come up with for my students. As much as I try to think of things we could make, I can't. But it's ok, cause I got co-workers and pinterest to help me with that. My lovely co-worker, Ms. Silva, made these adorable falling leaves mobile with her students. All you would need is small paper plates, construction paper, leave templates, brown crayon and a fall poem. I tried this craft with my kiddos and they LOVED it!

I also got this next idea from pinterest. I had many rolls of butcher paper left over, but I just had them behind my door and they just kept falling over. So I did this...




My school is making us incorporate the Daily 5 into our classroom. At first, I was kinda iffy about it and "oh great, more work for us to do." Now that I have researched it and read about it, I am actually excited about it. My students have fun with it and look they forward to doing the stations. My wonderful cousin Ms. Bloom, thought of an idea to put velcro on the back of the station labels. She thought it would be easier to move the labels rather than to move the individual clips one by one.

On my work on writing station, I made slot boxes out of mail boxes and red gift wrapping paper. I use them to hold the paper templates of:  make a list, postcard, make a story, journal books, letters and the work on writing folders. The students simply grab a work on writing folder, decide what they want to write about, grab a paper and go back to their desks. They use the folder to help them decide what to write about if they get stuck, they could also use them as privacy folders while they write.  Here's what it looks like...



Click on photo for a closer look


No comments:

Post a Comment