Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm Pregnant!

Well 23 weeks pregnant that is. Our pregnancy was completely unexpected. We would have at least one scare a month, but then came July and I was certain that I was. The 2nd line on the first pregnancy test that I took was very vague and almost transparent. I took yet another one the following day and once again, you could barely even see it. I knew I was pregnant, I could just feel it. Sometimes it's so hard to read my hubby's emotions, it's so annoying. He just had a smile on his face while I yelled "Ooh eeem geee, we're gonna be parents!" I remember I had cramping and bleeding that night, I was terrified that it could possibly be a miscarriage. To my relief it turned out to be implantation bleeding. Silly me, took a pregnancy test every week until my first OB appointment at 6 weeks. I just needed some kind of reassurance that I was still pregnant. Seeing our baby's heart flicker on the screen made my heart burst with a tremendous amount of love towards this little human being growing inside me. I do feel a little guilty about my 1st trimester, I bitched about every symptom. I was nauseas 24/7 and I loathed it. I remember thinking "How could women say that pregnancy is a wonderful thing, I absolutely hate it." I hated everything about it, except for one thing, my baby growing inside me. I completely feel the opposite now, I LOVE being pregnant! At 18 weeks, we found out that our little peanut was a boy!! The look on my husbands face was, as they say, priceless. He had a grin on his face from ear to ear as I cried for the first time. We are going to have a son! A little mini-hubby. A momma's boy. Turns out that I have low-lying placenta, which freaked me out when I was told. I was put on pelvic rest, no sex, no lifting anything heavy and to take it very easy. I am being positive and optimistic that my placenta will move up by our next ultrasound at about 30 weeks. That pretty much sums it up. I really wish I had started this blog from the beginning, so that I could have captured every moment as it happened.  Eeeeeeeeek! I absolutely CANNOT wait until the day I get to hold baby Jacob Christian in my arms.


First preggo test.

                                                          Second test the very next day.

                                                                Third test a week later.

                                     Final test 2 weeks later.... Yup, took a few to convince me!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment